Grand Celebration Sunday & Picnic
September 9 is Grand Celebration Sunday. We will have one worship service at 9:30 AM, in the Central Campus sanctuary. The members of Connecting Point Presbyterian Church will all be received as new members of Westminster Presbyterian Church. A true spirit of celebration and praise will fill our worship service.
Following the service, everyone is invited to travel to the North Campus for our Grand Opening Picnic. Parking will be available at the Spring Creek Elementary School with a shuttle that will bring you to the North Campus property. A bus will also be available to transport people to and from the Central Campus. We will have a large tent set up at the North Campus with plenty of tables and chairs. Anyone wishing to bring their own blankets to sit on are welcome to do so.
Special entertainment will be offered by Kyle Dillingham and Horseshoe Road. A special mission project will occur in which Westminster Church will provide a blanket to the homeless shelter for every person who attends. We also plan to cut the ribbon on our new sign that will be at the North Campus.
It is our hope that a large crowd of Westminsterites, both from the Central Campus and the North Campus, will attend both our grand opening worship service at the Central Campus and the grand opening picnic at the North Campus. It promises to be an Easter-like celebration as we kick off the first season of programming as a two-campus congregation.
- Central Campus
- There will be no 8:30 AM Chapel service
- There is only one 9:30 AM worship service
- North Campus
- All Church Picnic at 11:30 AM
- There is no 5 PM worship service
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Please bring your own blanket to sit upon during the picnic celebration. A limited number of chairs and tables will be available.
- Shuttle Parking parking will be located at Spring Creek Elementary School.
- A limited number of seats are available on the bus to transport members to North Campus. Sign up in the garden court to notify us of your interest and need. Note that priority is given to our non-drivers who regularly ride on this transport. If you are able, please carpool. Questions or need help getting to the Picnic? Contact Rev. Junkin before the event date.
- Is this a potluck or a bring your own picnic style event? Nope! This year’s event is catered.
- BRING A BLANKET TO DONATE TO THE MISSION PROJECT OR ONE WILL BE PURCHASED ON YOUR BEHALF