Open CDC Director Position
Director of the Child Development Center Westminster Presbyterian Church
Job Description Position
Purpose: The Child Development Center is a full & part-time licensed Developmental Child Care center in a Christian environment for children ages 4 months to 4 years. The Director shall have a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families.
Reporting Relationships: Executive Director-F/T exempt position
Specific duties would include but not be limited to:
- Make decisions in conjunction with Executive Director regarding the budget, policies, procedures and supervision of CDC staff.
- Ensure the safety and health of all children in the program by center and staff compliance of city, state and federal regulations, accrediting bodies and Westminster Presbyterian Church’s policies and procedures.
- Fill open positions in classrooms and group children appropriately. Maintain a waiting list of potential families.
- Select, retain, evaluate and develop qualified staff to support child care operations and motivate staff through effective leadership.
- Oversee implementation of curriculum and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and appropriate ongoing communication with participants, parents, employees, volunteers and all related committees.
- Prepare annual budget and monitor revenue and expenses and implement corrective measures to ensure effective fiscal responsibility.
- Will collaborate closely with Children’ Ministry Director & Kingdom Kids Director for church-wide events
- Will participate in weekly Church staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must view this position as a ministry of the Church.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in managing a licensed child care center or 3 years assistant manager
- Strong knowledge of DHS compliance requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Time management and problem solving skills are essential
- The special gift of administration and/or leadership with previous management of multiple staff
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Must be a committed team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Development
- Minimum of a Bronze level Certificate; prefer Gold level
- Must have Director credentials or receive as soon as possible upon employment
- Five years related experience in a licensed child care center
- Willingness to participate in continuing education/ DHS compliance issues