Toward the end of WW II several members of Oklahoma City's First Presbyterian Church saw the need for a new church farther northwest as the Oklahoma City population was moving in that direction. By May of 1945 funding had been obtained and land was purchased at N.W. 43rd Street and Shartel. The name Westminster Presbyterian Church was chosen by a one vote majority.
G. Raymond Campbell, minister of the First Presbyterian Church, Bartlesville,OK, was called as minister of the new church, serving for more than 30 years. After the official establishment of Westminster, with 251 charter members (at present eleven charter members still serve WPC), the first service was held February 10, 1946 in Mrs. Agnes Sims' Dance Studio at N.W. 30th and Shartel. In a few months attendance had grown necessitating the move to the newly built Will Rogers Theater which served until the chapel was built in 1947. The sanctuary was dedicated in 1951. Through the years building expansion has included more classroom facilities, the Payne Garden Court, a large youth complex, and additional meeting areas.